Workshop on Indonesian-type Voice System
*This event has already been held.
This workshop will primarily discuss Indonesian-type voice systems, which are characterised by the distinction of two voice constructions (actor voice and undergoer voice), and by applicative constructions (see Ross 2002: 52 and Arka and Ross 2004: 7, Adelaar 2006: 7). The main aim is to gather descriptive studies of individual languages of this type, in order to share knowledge on common features and the extent of variation to be found within the group.
17 July (Sat.)–18 July (Sun.), 2010
Room 304, 3F, ILCAA, TUFS
- Anthony JUKES (La Trobe University)
- Antonia SORIENTE (University of Naples “L’Orientale”/ Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology)
- Asako SHIOHARA (Tokyo University of Foreign Studies)
- David GIL (Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology )
- Domenyk EADES (Sultan Qaboos University, Oman)
- Hooi Ling SOH (University of Minnesota)
- Ketut ARTAWA (Udayana University, Bali, Indonesia)
- Kazuya INAGAKI (Osaka University)
- Naonori NAGAYA (Rice University)
- Hiroki NOMOTO (Tokyo University of Foreign Studies)
- Peter AUSTIN (SOAS, University of London)
- Ritsuko KIKUSAWA (National Museum of Ethnology, Osaka/ The Graduate University for Advanced Studies, Kanagawa)
17 July (Sat.)
|10:20–11:10||Historical Development of the “Malay-type” Voice System
Ritsuko KIKUSAWA (National Museum of Ethnology / The Graduate University for Advanced Studies)
|11:25–12:15||Voice and grammatical relations in Lamaholot of eastern Indonesia
Naonori NAGAYA (Rice University)
|13:30–14:20||Voice and Aspect: Some Notes from Malay
Hooi Ling SOH (University of Minnesota)
|14:25–15:20||Making sense of the optionality of voice marking in Malay/Indonesian
Hiroki NOMOTO (Tokyo University of Foreign Studies)
|15:50–16:40||Voice and Focus System in Penan and Kenyah Languages of East Kalimantan
Antonia SORIENTE (University of Naples “L’Orientale” / Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology)
|16:45–17:40||Voice and valency alternations in Kadorih
Kazuya INAGAKI (Osaka University)
|18:00–20:00||Party (University Center)|
18 July (Sun.)
||Grammatical Relations and Voice System in Balinese
Ketut ARTAWA (Udayana University)
|10:55–11:45||Sundic-type voice systems
David GIL (Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology )
|12:05–12:55||Dialect variation in the voice system of Sasak: when is a nasal-verb not a nasal-verb?
Peter AUSTIN (SOAS, University of London)
|14:10–15:00||Voice, Valence and Focus in Makassarese
Anthony JUKES (La Trobe University)
|15:05–16:00||Voice in Gayo, a language of northern Sumatra
Domenyk EADES (Sultan Qaboos University)
|16:20–17:10||Voice system in Sumbawa
Asako SHIOHARA (Tokyo University of Foreign Studies)
|Hooi Ling SOH||(18KB)||(611KB)|
2010.10.29 ［Fri］ - 10.31［Sun］
International Workshop on Cross-Linguistic Studies on Clause Combi ...
- Training Workshops
- Language Documentation
- Joint Research Projects
- Research Meetings and Symposia
- Outreach Events
- Past Projects
Aspects of Agglutination in Turkic Languages: An Integrated Approa ...
【Reaching the capacity】Field Linguistics Workshop:”Spring Field ...
LingDy Forum: “Linguistic Description and Documentation in African ...